Here is a quick tip for getting a list of the most recent categories from your data feed. This can be used when building a Category Filter or mapping names in the Categories tab of your Product Mapper.
The first step is to get a list of the latest categories from the data feed. i.e.
- Go to the “processed” folder, for example: /connections/my-store-connection/runtime/supplier/010-extract/processed
- Copy the “category.csv” file and open it in Excel
- Remove the SKU and position columns. This leaves just the category names.
- Select all columns and do a “remove duplicates’ action so that it’s down to a unique list
- Custom sort by column1,2,3,4
This can then be copied into the Product Mapper “Categories” tab and “Category Filter” tab where you can make edits.